All Hallows Church began as a mission from the Episcopal Church of Our
Saviour, Jenkintown, Pennsylvania in 1891. In early 1892, a wooden
frame structure was constructed on the current property, which was
further enlarged in 1894. The church continued to quickly outgrow its
buildings, and so, in 1896 the Philadelphia firm of Furness, Evans &
Company designed and built the current church. In 1897, the church was
consecrated as “All Hallows Church.” Subsequent renovations done in
the twentieth and twenty-first centuries resulted in the configuration of
the church as seen today.
The original chancel furnishings were designed by Tiffany Studios and
given by Louisa Knapp Curtis (1851-1910). Those items still extant
include the high altar, the lectern, the Bishop’s chair, and the glass
panels under the organ pipes (from the original pulpit). The fine stained
glass windows were added over time: The Tiffany window over the altar
was made in 1902, the Curtis Memorial window by John LaFarge in 1910
(left side of the church) and the Jennings window of Mary and Jesus,
also a Tiffany (date uncertain). The other nave windows were made by
the Willet Stained Glass Studios (1963).
The additional buildings on the All Hallows campus include the Rectory,
built in 1909, and the Parish House and cloister built in 1926.
Over the last 131 years of existence, there have been 13 Vicars and
Rectors of All Hallows, the current one being the Rev. Christopher Exley